This year’s annual badminton team tournament will be played on Sunday 4th September 2016 at the AT7 Centre, Austin Drive, Courthouse Green, Coventry, CV6 7GP, time 12pm – 7pm. The format will be for teams of 2 ladies and 2 men and will be handicapped. The entry fee is £40 per team and it is aimed primarily at league and lower county standard players, it will be played with feather shuttlecocks.
The closing date for entries is Friday 26th August 2016. There are a limited number of spaces for this tournament, available on a first come first served basis. We are expecting more entries than spaces so please get your entries in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
All proceeds from the day will be put towards to the Jon Froggett Badminton Fund (a charitable trust that is dedicated to badminton development and support for all ages in the local community).
For an entry form, or if you have any questions, then please contact Ed Cheung at Central Sports, 02476 455149 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support this very worthwhile cause.
A new UKCC Level 1 badminton coaching course at Tile Hill Wood (CV4 9PW) is now live online and taking bookings. Completing your UKCC Level 1 qualification is a great start on the coaching pathway and supporting the coaching at your club is a great way to share your knowledge and passion for badminton. Full details can be found below and you can click here to book your place online.
Course Dates & Times:
Day 1: Saturday 12th November 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Day 2: Saturday 26th November 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Day 3: Sunday 3rd December 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Price: £225 (£215 for BE members)
Booking Deadline: Friday 14th October 2016- All learners must be 16 or over on the first day of the course.
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of the UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Badminton learners will be able to:
– Understand the role and responsibilities of the coaching assistant
– Understand the principles of hitting technique and provide an accurate demonstration
– Understand the mechanical principles of movement and provide an accurate demonstration
– Understand basic singles and doubles tactics and be able to communicate to their players
– Understand the principles of warm up and cool down and be able to plan and deliver them appropriately related to a coaching scenario
– Understand and apply the basic underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
– Understand and apply the main laws of badminton in support of the competitive situation
– Assist with the delivery of badminton coaching sessions
– Assist with the review of badminton coaching sessions
Is there any pre-course or work required to be completed away from the course?
All UKCC Level 1 courses involves pre-course e-learning modules that are assessed. These e-learning modules include:
– An introduction into the how to coach skills of badminton
– An introduction to the rules of the game
– The underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
What does UKCC endorsed mean?
The Coaching Qualifications we currently deliver as part of our coach education programme are endorsed by UKCC and sit on the Qualifications & Credit Framework. Across the three levels of the UKCC Qualifications they aim to introduce and progress learners knowledge of technical and tactical elements of the game as well as the “art” and the “science” of coaching by introducing coaches to the “How to” skills of coaching.
A reminder to all clubs that as per the league rules, the last date for registering new players to be eligible for matches this season is 28th February.
The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Centre in Rugby is holding a social badminton tournament in aid of Sport Relief on Sunday 28th February from 11am-3pm. The event will be fun and friendly and open to all abilities with junior events (from age 14+) and adult events. The format will be doubles with pairs being selected at random for each match and prizes include tickets to the All England in March.Sport Relief Social Badminton Tournament – Poster
There is a £5 entry fee with all proceeds going to Sport Relief.
For more information please contact the centre on 01788 565369 or email Philip.email@example.com or Harvey.firstname.lastname@example.org
It is with a very heavy heart that I share the news that our former Chairman, Graham passed away peacefully yesterday after a long illness. I know Graham was a much loved friend to many of us and his spirit and humour will be very sadly missed. Julie has asked that she is given time and space to come to terms with this loss and we will share further details on arrangements once they are in place. Our thoughts are with Julie and the rest of Graham’s family at this sad time.