It’s still all to play for as we reach the half-way point in the season and I’d like to wish all of our badminton community a very happy Christmas and hope you all have a fabulous 2017!
Still a bit of time to get those last entries in for this tournament…..
Date: Sunday 19th March 2017
Venue: Centre AT7, Bell Green Road, Coventry, CV6 7GP
Time: 12.00pm – 6.00pm
Entry fee: £30 per team
Teams: 2 men and 2 ladies per team
Format: Handicapped team tournament, playing men’s, ladies and mixed.
Level: Aimed primarily at league and lower county standard
Entry form Here: the-chilvers-cup-2017-details-and-entry-form
The leagues will go out on the 1st Sept 2016 for you all as usual. Please be aware of the deadlines for your player registrations and nominations, the fact your fees to be paid by the deadline (before 15th Sept 2016) and most importantly your match fixtures to be back into the relevant match Secretary on time please. As per the AGM, all the documents you need are up to date on the downloads section.
On behalf of the whole of the CBA committee, have a fantastic new season!
This year’s annual badminton team tournament will be played on Sunday 4th September 2016 at the AT7 Centre, Austin Drive, Courthouse Green, Coventry, CV6 7GP, time 12pm – 7pm. The format will be for teams of 2 ladies and 2 men and will be handicapped. The entry fee is £40 per team and it is aimed primarily at league and lower county standard players, it will be played with feather shuttlecocks.
The closing date for entries is Friday 26th August 2016. There are a limited number of spaces for this tournament, available on a first come first served basis. We are expecting more entries than spaces so please get your entries in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
All proceeds from the day will be put towards to the Jon Froggett Badminton Fund (a charitable trust that is dedicated to badminton development and support for all ages in the local community).
For an entry form, or if you have any questions, then please contact Ed Cheung at Central Sports, 02476 455149 – email: email@example.com
Please support this very worthwhile cause.
A new UKCC Level 1 badminton coaching course at Tile Hill Wood (CV4 9PW) is now live online and taking bookings. Completing your UKCC Level 1 qualification is a great start on the coaching pathway and supporting the coaching at your club is a great way to share your knowledge and passion for badminton. Full details can be found below and you can click here to book your place online.
Course Dates & Times:
Day 1: Saturday 12th November 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Day 2: Saturday 26th November 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Day 3: Sunday 3rd December 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Price: £225 (£215 for BE members)
Booking Deadline: Friday 14th October 2016- All learners must be 16 or over on the first day of the course.
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of the UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Badminton learners will be able to:
– Understand the role and responsibilities of the coaching assistant
– Understand the principles of hitting technique and provide an accurate demonstration
– Understand the mechanical principles of movement and provide an accurate demonstration
– Understand basic singles and doubles tactics and be able to communicate to their players
– Understand the principles of warm up and cool down and be able to plan and deliver them appropriately related to a coaching scenario
– Understand and apply the basic underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
– Understand and apply the main laws of badminton in support of the competitive situation
– Assist with the delivery of badminton coaching sessions
– Assist with the review of badminton coaching sessions
Is there any pre-course or work required to be completed away from the course?
All UKCC Level 1 courses involves pre-course e-learning modules that are assessed. These e-learning modules include:
– An introduction into the how to coach skills of badminton
– An introduction to the rules of the game
– The underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
What does UKCC endorsed mean?
The Coaching Qualifications we currently deliver as part of our coach education programme are endorsed by UKCC and sit on the Qualifications & Credit Framework. Across the three levels of the UKCC Qualifications they aim to introduce and progress learners knowledge of technical and tactical elements of the game as well as the “art” and the “science” of coaching by introducing coaches to the “How to” skills of coaching.