A new UKCC Level 1 badminton coaching course at Tile Hill Wood (CV4 9PW) is now live online and taking bookings. Completing your UKCC Level 1 qualification is a great start on the coaching pathway and supporting the coaching at your club is a great way to share your knowledge and passion for badminton. Full details can be found below and you can click here to book your place online.
Course Dates & Times:
Day 1: Saturday 12th November 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Day 2: Saturday 26th November 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Day 3: Sunday 3rd December 2016 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Price: £225 (£215 for BE members)
Booking Deadline: Friday 14th October 2016- All learners must be 16 or over on the first day of the course.
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of the UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Badminton learners will be able to:
– Understand the role and responsibilities of the coaching assistant
– Understand the principles of hitting technique and provide an accurate demonstration
– Understand the mechanical principles of movement and provide an accurate demonstration
– Understand basic singles and doubles tactics and be able to communicate to their players
– Understand the principles of warm up and cool down and be able to plan and deliver them appropriately related to a coaching scenario
– Understand and apply the basic underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
– Understand and apply the main laws of badminton in support of the competitive situation
– Assist with the delivery of badminton coaching sessions
– Assist with the review of badminton coaching sessions
Is there any pre-course or work required to be completed away from the course?
All UKCC Level 1 courses involves pre-course e-learning modules that are assessed. These e-learning modules include:
– An introduction into the how to coach skills of badminton
– An introduction to the rules of the game
– The underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
What does UKCC endorsed mean?
The Coaching Qualifications we currently deliver as part of our coach education programme are endorsed by UKCC and sit on the Qualifications & Credit Framework. Across the three levels of the UKCC Qualifications they aim to introduce and progress learners knowledge of technical and tactical elements of the game as well as the “art” and the “science” of coaching by introducing coaches to the “How to” skills of coaching.